While working on office or at personal workstation sometimes you need to copy a column from a system generated .rpt or .txt file but normally you can not copy a column in Notepad or in wordPad.Share this Article:
In this tutorial you will know how to copy a column from a text file so that you can move that to an excel file easily.
For this you need EditPlus3 software. Download and install this and follow the steps below:
1. Open your file with EditPlus.
Now suppose you want to copy only the amounts from the forth column.
2. Place your cursor from where you want to copy. For example in the given figure we placed the cursor before 7155 in the forth column and press Alt+ C , a plus sign will appear.
3. Drag the cursor up to which you want to copy.
4. Click Esc (Escape) button or a single left click to make the selected items editable. When you click Esc button the black selected items will turn blue.
5. Press Ctrl+C to copy the items. Now you can paste your items in excel.
You can easily manage your file content now in excel.